Hitek 12v 120Ah LiFePo4 Lithium Battery Warranty Terms1) The Seller warrants that your battery is free of defects in material and workmanship for the duration of the warranty. It does not cover damage due to abuse, neglect, misuse, fire, accident, collision, wear, explosion, freezing, theft, overcharging, alteration, improper installation, use of special additives, unauthorized attempt to repair, or failure to keep the battery properly maintained. Does not cover impact damage, drop damage, or moisture / water damage either.
2) The Batteries must be installed in a dry location with the correct high current cabling (batteries are NOT IP rated so are NOT allowed to get wet, and are NOT allowed to be in direct sunshine onto the battery case itself). The average working discharge depth must NOT EXCEED a maximum of 80% of battery capacity (leaving a minimum of 20% capacity remaining in the batteries at all times). Batteries set for standby use must kept between 11.6 – 14.3V (per 12v battery module) and once a month a maintenance charge (top-up) of 13.9-14.3v (per 12v battery module) must be applied. The Batteries must be charged by a correct multistage battery charger designed and configured correctly for this battery type (usually CC/CV - Constant Current then Constant Current Charging is most desirable for Lithium Battery charging), with the maximum voltage applied being 14.4v (at 25 degrees C ambient temp) at no more than the constant rated current (amperage) listed on the battery data sheet / battery label for that model battery. If a charging voltage higher than 14.4v per 12v module (at 25 degrees C ambient temp) or a charge / discharge amperage higher than the battery is specified and rated for has been applied to the battery the warranty is void.
The battery temperatures must be kept between 2 degrees C and 38 degrees C at all times under any / all circumstances, whether they are in use, connected, not connected or even just being stored. The batteries must NEVER be left sitting directly on any concrete floors, and if you do want to have them on a concrete floor then please place insulation between the batteries and the floor so that the batteries don't absorb the cold from the floor during colder winter periods. During daily running operation (including overnight) the batteries must be ran within their recommended temperature range of 5-36 degrees C, running temps outside of this can impact the responsiveness of the batteries, their efficiency / storage capacity available and affect how many years of life they will happily run for.
We recommend everyone running these batteries to have a real time battery temp sensor attached to the batteries and with a display easily able to be read to keep an eye on battery temperature especially during mid summer + mid winter periods when the temps are at their hottest + coldest for the year (we have these available to offer cheaply for those who don't have one and this is highly recommended for ALL clients running ANY of our batteries to get the best life + performance from your battery set).
The batteries must still be give a top up charge at least once every 4 months even if they are being stored and no power is being used or drained from them.
If you are going to be storing these batteries (un-used or disconnected) then please ensure the charge voltage is at least 13.5volts (terminal voltage) before you put the battery away into storage.
We require any Real Time / Active TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION be TURNED OFF / DISABLED when using / charging our LiFePo4 Lithium Batteries.
3) A battery monitor must be installed on the system they are a part of that records charging and discharging rates, State of Charge and History for the batteries. If no monitor installed, battery warranty period is only 3 years, instead of the standard 5 yr lead Hitek LiFePo4 Lithium 5kWh battery warranty when the battery monitoring system is installed and the data from this can be accessed or supplied. Battery monitoring must include full voltage monitoring + battery temp monitoring also to verify that voltages and temps for the batteries have been kept within the specified parameters.
4) The warranty limited to the original purchaser and partners / agents for our batteries and is non-transferable if the batteries are re-sold to a second client (eg as second hand or prior used batteries).
5) Batteries must be returned to Hitek Systems Ltd for any warranty claim (with costs of return paid for by the client or partner). All warranty claims must be accompanied with the original invoice, receipt or order or a copy of + pictures of the exact setup they were running / installed in + values / records of temps & charging / discharging voltages + currents etc.
6) This Pro-rata Warranty provides full repair or replacement within the first year and pro-rata credit on the product purchase price for failures beyond the first year towards repair or replacement.
7) Warranty terms may be updated from time to time. By continuing to use our products you agree to be bound by any amendments made.
8) A user / customer must pay for any / all delivery costs (both ways) to get any batteries back to Hitek Systems / Hitek Solar NZ (and / or any 3rd party testing company specified by Hitek Systems) and pay for any testing costs in the event of any warranty claim being submitted, whether the batteries are found to in fact be under warranty or not. Hitek Systems will not re-reimburse any out of pocket or consequential or in-consequential losses relating to our batteries or any items we supply. Any warranty claim submitted must also be submitted with proof (including clear detailed pictures) that the battery charge + discharge voltages and battery temps were always kept within the specified limits listed above and that the batteries were connected up correctly to the system.
9) The warranty assumes that the battery is being charged back up regularly on an average daily basis, and is not left sitting for a month or more flat or with very low levels of charge. Extended periods of sitting empty or at a very low charge level will damage even the most robust deep cycle battery (likewise so will running it outside it's recommended temp range).
10) If you are unsure about anything listed here or what is needed in real world terms then it is your obligation to contact us to get further advise or clarification.
The Hitek 12v 120Ah LiFePo4 Lithium Battery is rated at 1.44kWh Total Capacity @ C10 Rating (discharge over 10 hour discharge time period).
Usable Capacity: We have allowed 80% DOD for daily cycle use which gives 1.15kWh usable capacity over 5-24 hour discharge period at 25 Degrees Celsius. Rated Capacity is +/- 6% Tolerance.
Nominal Voltage: 12.8v
Absorb Charge: 14.0v - 14.3v
Float Charge: 13.6-13.8v (typically 0.4v-0.5v lower than Absorb voltage)
Normal Daily Discharge Cut Voltage: 12.0v
Max Discharge Limit: 11.6v (don't ever discharge lower than this voltage).
Max Charge Current (peak): 75Amp (max 10 mins per hour)
Constant Charge Current Support: 1-60Amp (for hours on end)
Max 15min Discharge Current: 145Amp (max 15 mins per hour)
Max 5sec Discharge Current: 280Amp (max 5 seconds)
Normal Constant Discharge Current Support: 1-100Amp constant.
Terminal Hardware Torque: 8-9 Nm (Newton meters of Torque) /
Terminal Hardware Torque: 5.9-6.6 Ft Lb (Foot Pounds of Torque)
Temp Operation Min: 2 Degrees C for max 3 hours in a week period (5 degrees C min recommended).
Temp Operation Very Max: 45 Degrees C (for max 3 hours in a 1 week period).
Temp Operation Recommended: 5-36 Degrees C, 15-25 Degrees C is optimum.
Max Rated Design Life: 10 Years (if ran at perfect ideal conditions).
We reserve the right to look at your system setup and battery data before we accept any warranty claim to check whether the battery has been used within correct parameters or not before any warranty claim may be approved.
Note: We allow an 80% DOD (Depth of discharge) to be used from the battery every single charge cycle and up to 2 full cycles per day without affecting the 5yr battery warranty.
Hitek LiFePo4 Battery Maintenance.
In order to assure service life, the batteries should be correctly inspected and maintained. The maintenance methods of batteries are recommended as follows:
6.1 Monthly Maintenance
— Keep the battery-room clean.
— Measure and record the ambient temperature of the battery-room.
— Check each battery’s cleanness; check damage and overheating trace of the terminal, container and lid.
— Measure and record the total voltage, absorb current and floating current (or CC/CV values) of the battery charging system.
— Measure and record the minimum, average and maximum battery temperature and check to ensure you are meeting correct charging requirements at the battery temperature as per the operation manual.
— It is your responsibility to sort the environment to keep the average temp between 6-36 degrees C (measured at the battery terminal).
— If at any time the battery voltage is left at 12.0v (or lower) for 1 week or more then you need to give them a charge back to full, just so they're not left sitting empty for any major length of time.
— If at any time the battery voltage drops to 11.6v you must get them back to at least 13.8v within a 96 hour period of this.
6.2 Quarterly Maintenance
— Repeat monthly inspection.
— Measure and voltage of the battery set and if possible each battery module.
— Check battery temp range (on external temp LCD display) and ensure that the batteries have been running correctly within their recommended temp range, and if they are close to being outside the range make adjustments to the environment to resolve the room temps so that the batteries are running within their recommended temp range.
6.3 Yearly Maintenance
— Repeat quarterly maintenance and inspection.
— Check whether connectors are loose or not every year and tighten them
— Check whether connectors + terminals have any signs of oxidation or corrosion or build up on them that would be affecting the mating surfaces or electrical conductivity working correctly and clean these appropriately to ensure nice clean mating surfaces between the terminals and the lugs that are bolted on. Check for any signs of heat buildup or discoloration at the cables / terminals / connections and resolve anything found. Include the battery circuit breaker and it's connections in these same checks also.
— Make a discharge + capacity test of at least 1kW load for 10 minutes to ensure the battery voltage is holding up strong under discharge (eg not dropping quickly) and during this time ensure that none of the cable connections are running warm or hot.
6.4 Operation and Maintenance Precautions
Insufficient Charge / End Voltage Too low
Look through the battery charging / discharging details and ensure that the batteries are not left empty (close to their discharge limit voltage) on a regular basis, make any minor adjustments if necessary to correct this.
Look through the battery charging / discharging details and ensure that the batteries are not ever exceeding their Full Charge / Absorb Charge Voltage (their charge limit voltage) and make any minor adjustments if necessary to correct this.
Temperature Too low or too high
We have mentioned that too low temperature will affect the capacity of battery.
While too high temperature will decrease / shorten the available battery life and can cause accelerated degradation / capacity loss.
Long time storage after discharge
If the battery is put aside without charge for a long time after discharge, it will affect the capacity and life of the battery, it is always recommended to store the battery with at least 13.6volts at the terminals if you are going to be turning off the system and leaving the battery in storage for any length of time, and then give a top up charge at least once every 4 months.
It is important that you follow specified maintenance including a detail maintenance record. Failing to comply will void the battery manufacturers warranty. Any warranty claim will be on a pro-rata basis and is subject to all maintenance records first being inspected and verified along with constant and max charge amperage settings, voltage settings and max charge + max discharge amperage settings also being reviewed.
Hitek Systems will replace a battery if used within its parameters, if the available capacity falls to a level lower than 50% of rated capacity during a 10h (C10) discharge test under within 36 months of purchase, or if the capacity falls lower than 50% of rated capacity in 10h (C10) discharge test within 37 to 60 months of purchase (if battery monitoring system has been present and used for the entire battery life since installation and temp range criteria are met). If Max Charge / Discharge rates or battery temp range parameters are exceeded / neglected and / or you are running outside of these parameters then you have void your warranty.
The guarantee will be null and void in the event the battery is installed incorrectly, misused, used or charged / discharged or used outside of our recommended specifications, damaged by external influences (like lightning, fire, current overloads, electrical shorts, power surges or water), altered, repaired (or attempts for repair were made) by others than Hitek Systems or, if and when, identification and / or data has been tampered with (including BMS changes) or removing / changing the labels on the battery case. Any damage to the battery terminals or the battery case (accidentally or intentionally) will also render the warranty void.
Hitek Systems shall not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or losses arising out of the sale or relating to the use of this product, and the purchaser / buyer / user assumes all responsibility for all personal injury and property damage resulting from the handling, possession or use of the product. In no event shall the liability of Hitek Systems for any and all claims, including claims of breach of warranty or negligence, exceed the purchase price of the product.
THE ABOVE WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTIONS FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
By making sure to follow and stick to our recommendation this will ensure that you get a nice and long service life from the batteries that we supply you. Failure to adhere to this advise and use the correct settings will not only void your warranty but can and often will dramatically shorten the usable life of your batteries. If you are unsure of anything regarding your batteries such as max charge, or discharge voltages or temp range etc, it is solely your responsibility to phone up or email Hitek Systems to have the correct info supplied to you, ignorance for not knowing is not an excuse sorry.
Note: All references in above terms are for both Hitek Solar NZ and Hitek Systems Ltd entities, thanks.