Solax Inverter Warranty
SolaX Power PV Inverters (including BMU / Charger items).
Exchange Program Policy under Warranty in conjuncton with Hitek Solar NZ.
This policy governs the exchange program for SolaX Power PV Inverters (“Inverters”) covered by SolaX Power’s warranty (the “Exchange Program”). Parties wishing to participate in the Exchange Program must abide by the procedures and requirements set forth in this Policy. SolaX Power may, in its sole discretion, reject the exchange of any Inverter not returned in accordance with this Policy.
1. Warranty Claims
The standard warranty period for Inverters is 60 months (5 years), starting from the date on which the Inverter is commissioned by the installer or customer’s agent. An extended warranty period is available for purchase within 36 months after commissioning (for extra cost). Exchange services apply only to inverters within their warranty period or extended warranty period, as applicable.
2. Limited Liability
In the event of damages related to the causes listed below, no warranty claims will be acknowledged or accepted. Claims that relate to defects that are caused by the following factors are not covered by SolaX Power’s warranty obligations:
- Force majeure (storm damage, lightning strike, overvoltage, fire, thunderstorm, flooding )
- Improper or non-compliant use, installation, commissioning, start up or operation.
- Inadequate ventilation and circulation resulting in minimized cooling and natural air flow. Fans / Cooling System / Vents must be cleaned regularly to be able to support proper air flow and cooling. It is the clients responsibility to ensure this is done correctly and that the cooling system is not blocked or hindered in any way. Failure to ensure this is done may void your warranty.
- Installation in a corrosive environment or an anvironment with high humidity / high moisture content in the air, or an environment where bugs / insects / animals are able to get into the inverter to cause damage (this is not covered by the warranty).
- Damage during transportation
- Unauthorized repair attempts
3. Exchange Service
Any Inverter qualifying for exchange within the warranty period will be replaced with a new or used / refurbished Inverter, subject to the terms and conditions detailed within this document being adhered to. The following items must be provided to SolaX Power in order for an exchange to be effected under this policy:
A. Technical Requirements
Inverter / charger info including:
- Access to online data for the inverter / system.
- Product serial number
- Proof of purchase / install date.
- Failure code
- Failure comments (including what has been tested / tried etc).
B. SolaX Power reserves the right to refuse exchange requests for lacking of proper documentation and information.
To request a replacement of an Inverter, you must contact Hitek Solar NZ.
4. SolaX Power Responsibility:
Upon receipt of the required information listed in Section 3, and after attempts to correct the problem with the customer’s assistance, SolaX Power will assign a unique case number to the customer. This number shall be used in reference for all communications regarding the exchange. SolaX Power will dispatch a replacement Inverter within 14 business working days to the specified customer or to Hitek Solar NZ office location. Following the receipt of the replacement Inverter, the customer must return the allegedly faulty Inverter in the same packaging material as the replacement Inverter. SolaX Power will supply all labels, documentation and freight details for the return of the allegedly faulty Inverter. All allegedly faulty inverters must be returned within 10 (ten) working days of the receipt of the replacement Inverter. A qualified installer must be available for the inverter exchange and re-commissioning. The replacement inverter will be covered by the original warranty terms of the faulty inverter for the remaining warranty period of the faulty inverter only.
5. Distributor Responsibility
In the event of an equipment failure or fault, it is the Distributor responsibility to work directly with SolaX Power Service Center in order to limit the return of non-faulty equipment. SolaX Power Service Center will work with the Distributor to rectify the fault or fault message through telephone support or with direct PC links. Note: In order to qualify for further compensation and a replacement unit, the distributor/installer must first contact SolaX Power Service Center and fulfill the distributor/installer’s responsibilities under Section 3 of this document.
6. Inspection Charge for Inverters Not Found Defective
If an allegedly faulty Inverter is returned to SolaX Power pursuant to this Policy, and is found by SolaX Power to be free of defects that would qualify it for replacement under this Policy, or due to limited liability as stated in clause 2, SolaX Power will charge a flat-rate inspection charge for each Inverter of USD $150.00, plus full air freight / shipping and packaging costs (typically this can be $600-1000 USD worth).
7. Inverter Replacement Procedure
SolaX Power must be provided with the relevant documentation as shown in Section 3. This procedure must be followed for a warranty claim to be applicable under this Exchange Program.
- The Installer must contact the SolaX Power Service Centre and supply the required information as shown in Section As shown in Section 5, the Installer will liaise with SolaX Power Service Centre to try and find a solution without having to exchange the Inverter.
- If the inverter is deemed faulty and is eligible for the Exchange Program, SolaX Power will raise and create a case number for the inverter and communicate this with the
- SolaX Power will dispatch a replacement inverter within 14 business working days of the case number being The inverter will be shipped to the specified customer or distributor Hitek Solar NZ.
- The Installer will install the replacement Inverter and use the packaging to repack the faulty inverter and inform SolaX
- SolaX Power will organize and cover costs of picking up the faulty Inverter back to SolaX The customer or installer must assist with this shipping. If the faulty Inverter is not returned within 10 working days of replacement inverter installation, SolaX Power will invoice the relevant Distributer and / or client for the cost of the inverter.